Heat and spin cycles can damage performance fabrics, so follow the care instructions to keep your kit looking it’s best.
- Cool machine wash with good quality laundry detergent and a medium spin.
- I recommend using a wash bag to prevent fabrics coming into contact with velcro on gloves and chamois cream on bibs which can build up on other fabrics.
- If you get grease on your favourite kit, make a paste with a tablespoon of baking soda, laundry liquid and dishwashing liquid and gently rub into the affected area before putting in the wash.
- Don’t tumble dry
- Don’t bleach
- Don’t dry clean
- Don’t iron
- Don’t use cheap laundry powders which may not dissolve completely and discolour and damage fabric
- Don’t use fabric softeners